Tattoo

Mixed Media Fall



























Well I've been trying to conceptualize some new projects for Fall. I was stuck on creating something with eggshell mosaic. I tried cutting out large leaf shapes but somehow the leaf shape got lost in the craziness of the mosaic. I tried something smaller and this is the result.












You need some rinsed and dried eggshell which you then paint with some acrylic paint in Fall colors.

Let dry.











I decided to use black cardstock which is slightly thinner than posterboard...you can use posterboard if you wish.

You need some mod podge...I'm using glossy because I like that shiny finish...you could also use acrylic medium or plain white glue.







Brush some on and take a piece of shell about the size of a quarter.








Place on top of the mod podge and then using you finger smoosh down.







Keep going with different colors...add a top coat as you go working in small sections at a time as the mod podge will begin to dry on you.








I did a full sheet of black cardstock going right over the edges...my cardstock is on top of wax paper.








This is how it looks when dry...now you could cheat and just print this image off and use it.





Click on picture for larger image.








Here I was trying to figure out a better looking design.







I painted some branches onto some wc paper.









I then decided I wanted a series of 3...I wish I had thought of this sooner as I could of painted it first and then made my cuts....oh well








Here I decided to make a tall narrow tree.....I'm painting in a stormy grey background.





I then placed a piece of plastic wrap on top and made some wrinkles with my fingers.





I then left it to dry with the plastic in place.









Paint in your branches.






I cut out a variety of leaves leaving them quite circular like a popular leaf.





Before gluing play around with them a bit until you like the arrangement.









Glue on with some tacky glue.



see you later



No comments:

Post a Comment