Tattoo

How to do a Fall Glue Batik

My Blue Glue Batik tutorial seems to be my most popular post so I thought I would try to do new projects with this technique to inspire you.


Shortly after writing my tutorial I got worried. Micheal's had the Galactic glue on clearance, did this mean they were phasing it out, my precious blue glue aaggh.... I did what anyone else would do in this situation ....I bought all they had. I noticed though they had a new version. Elmers washable school glue in a no run gel. This had no glitter and I thought it might work.

I decided to give it a try for this project. I have to say THIS STUFF WORKS BETTER. Why you ask, first there's no glitter to clog up the opening. It also has a smaller opening to begin with so you can do very fine lines. The glue is thinner so it saturates the fabric quicker and the bottle is very easy to squeeze. Great for those little hands.

Anyhow here is my practice project with the new blue glue. I was going for trees in autumn. I think it will be the new fall batik project at school.

For a detailed step by step and how to use this technique please check out the Glue Batik tutorial link to the right of this page in my blog layout.

I'll show you the general steps I used for this project.





The first step is to pencil in your design.







Use the glue straight from the bottle to fill in the parts you want to resist the paint. Let dry.









Start painting in color. I knew this was to be a wall hanging so I didn't dilute my acrylic craft paint quite so much. I also waited and let parts of the painting dry before layering on additional colors.

You do lose some of the vibrant color during the washing out of the fabric but that is just how it goes.









Wash out glue as directed in the previous tutorial, dry and you have your new design.


Give it a try a make a new Fall wall hanging or flag. Remember this technique is very kid friendly (preschool to adult).





see you soon.
gail

P.S. Thank-you crafty This and That for the award I just need some time to figure out how to post it and pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment