Tattoo

Framed Valentine Art


Well....... I was in my favorite dollar store (Dollarama) on Thursday when I found these wonderful shadowbox frames for $1.25......I started thinking and next thing you know we had a Valentine craft for Grade One on Friday.
These are the Grade One's version...they were so happy that they got to use their new markers for it. We just have to glitter our hearts.
Sorry for the poor picture quality but I took the picture with my Blackberry.
(desperate times call for desperate measures) My husband took my good camera on his ski trip.


So here are the frames I purchased along with a 12 pack of Styrofoam hearts for $1.00.



If there are any rough edges you can sand them down. Save the insert for measuring your art work.



In honor of Valentine's Day we painted our frames red but black would look nice as well.





I stuck the hearts on skewers for easier painting and we painted them red as well.





You then can add a little glitter when the paint dries.




Using the insert measure a piece of cardstock or watercolor paper for your artwork.











Have the kids sketch out a picture of themselves. I traced out where the heart is going to go to help them compose their picture.




Using paint, markers, or pencil crayons add some color.









You can use a fine marker to add detail if you wish.









You can glue your heart on at this time.












Using stamps the kids stamped "I Love You" on their picture. I taped the letters together for "Love" and "You" so they only had to stamp once.













Glue your art into place and slide in the glass cover.






That's it....a very adorable Valentine gift all ready to hang on your wall and what parent or Grandparent wouldn't love one of these.
See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment