Tattoo

Paint and Embroidery Pillow



I've spent my Labor Day Weekend prepping my daughter's room for its remodel, cleaning up my studio(no easy task), and finishing up this guy.






I had taken a piece of canvas and painted my bird, a Bluethroat, with acrylic paint following the directions I have already outlined in this post.

Once dry you can embroidery at your leisure.  I do mine sans hoop as the canvas is heavy and doesn't move around a lot.






After contemplating it a bit I decided to make a pillow but needed to make it larger so I added some strips of fabric with the machine.






I then mitered my corners....haven't done this for ages so they're not perfect and my canvas wasn't square to begin with but they're passable.



and that's it......... a new addition to the living room.




I have also been enjoying these which I scored at the Paris news stands.

I have been a long admirer of the blog but wasn't ready to take the plunge of a very expensive subscription until I examined them hands on......I signed up the day I got back!

Lots of projects on the go so hope to see you again soon.
Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment