Tattoo

Painted and Embroidered Mini's



I wanted to use that paint embroidery combo again but this time on framed canvas.




These are my Autumn leaves.....



 I painted the canvas first and then embroidered on the detail.
The kids wanted to get in on the act so yesterday we spent a great afternoon creating our little masterpieces.

I bought little framed canvases at the dollar store...I think it was $2 for a pack of 3.  They measure 6 x 6 inches square.

We lightly sketched out our design in pencil...as you can see my son uses a heavy hand like most kids with the pencil, the paint covers most of it.




We then began painting our background in.




Make sure to paint the sides as well as we won't be framing these guys.




We used acrylic paints for good coverage.

When you are finished let dry.





Then we started to embroider....you can go over outlines, add texture stitching, or even add extra embellishment.


  The frames made it very easy for the kids to embroider as it is much like having a hoop.  I was surprised that the canvas was quite durable and we had no rips due to pulling too hard.





I think the boys did a great job.....my daughter is still embroidering her starfish..she's adding lots of detail.



and I'm quite pleased with the leaves.

We also had a family birthday over the weekend and I thought I show you how we wrap presents.  I place the item to be wrapped in a leftover plastic shopping bag and the wrap it in plain kraft paper.     I then paint it.  I try to involve the kids but this time they were too busy embroidering.
That's it.....we'll see you next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment